Share On Facebook ! Tweet This ! Share On Google Plus ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger !

Mary Kay Andrews's Five Favorite Beach Reads



The WeekendersOne of the queens of the summer read is best-selling author Mary Kay Andrews (check out her latest, The Weekenders, which was just released last month). When she's not busy writing, Ms. Andrews enjoys a good warm weather yarn herself. This is what she's taking to the beach this summer. What about you?

Shop on Amazon
Print Book | Kindle Book

Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
 
After devouring Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale, I'm a new convert to historic fiction, and this World War II set debut novel featuring three women whose lives intersect in the notorious Ravensbruck concentration camp will keep me turning pages.
 

Shop on Amazon
Print Book | Kindle Book

Dimestore by Lee Smith
 
I'm always spellbound by Lee Smith's work, like her amazing novel Guests on Earth, so I know I'll be captivated by her memoir of growing up in her family's small-town Appalaichan five-and-dime store.
 

Shop on Amazon
Print Book | Kindle Book

Blueprints by Barbara Delinsky
 
A novel about a mother-daughter team who star in their own television reality show about fixing up old houses? Yes, please! As an old house junkie myself who knows a thing or two about The Fixer Upper (see how I did that?) I know I'll devour Barbara Delinsky's latest novel.
 

Shop on Amazon
Print Book | Kindle Book

Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman
 
Former journalist and current bestselling suspense novelist Laura Lippman always keeps me on the edge of my seat, and her latest novel, which has clever parallels to To Kill a Mockingbird is so compelling, I've been reading it on my smart phone on my own book tour.
 

Shop on Amazon
Print Book | Kindle Book

Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand
 
Good beach reads should take you someplace you want to be, and Elin Hilderbrand's latest will transport this girl raised on Southern beaches to atmospheric Nantucket to meet three women who gather to toast the recently deceased man they all loved--and lost.
 


Read More

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.