Friday, January 22, 2016

Attention Readers: It's National Reading Day



BookpileGenerally, I'm skeptical of what my late mother used to refer to as "made up" holidays. Mother's Day? Father's Day? You should love and cherish your parents every day, she'd say. (And now, as a mother, I have to say I agree.) And don't even get me started on Valentine's Day – or at least give us editors a couple of weeks to weigh in on that one. But National Reading Day for kids? How could a team and a company founded on the idea that there's no such thing as too many books (just check out our office at right) have any argument with that?

And we don't of course – and as you'll see, Amazon has gone all out to encourage kids to read by providing some great deals on their favorite books. And we call it Book Deal Day for a reason; scroll through, there's plenty for the supposedly grown up reader too. Maybe even for a Mom or a Dad....

NRD



Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment